Please look at the fiber contents of the piece you have ordered. Then proceed.
* If it’s strictly a WALL HANGING…
These pieces benefit from a gentle, yearly shake-down outdoors or near a window.
Then hang in fresh air for a few hours before returning to your preferred location.
* If it’s a WEARABLE…
It will need to be gently hand washed occasionally. (Though if it’s a variety of wool, bamboo, or hemp,
it will benefit from its naturally antibacterial nature, needing washing less often.)
To be clear: no tossing any of these pieces in the wash machine or dryer.
Hand Washing Instruction:
1. Gently hand wash in a clean water basin (example: bathtub, sink, bucket) using a gentle soap and cold water.
If wool (merino, cashmere, mohair, alpaca, etc.), use a wool-safe soap.
2. When finished, very gently squeeze out excess water.
3. Lie piece flat and roll up in a large towel.
4. Lay flat to dry.
5. When the piece is nearly dry, you may optionally press with low-medium heat for a crisper look.
Follow notes below to determine what heat setting to use.
If your piece has any silk or wool (merino, cashmere, mohair, alpaca, etc.) in it, only use low heat.
If your piece has linen, cotton or viscose in it, you are safe to use medium heat.
* NOTE: All pieces are ready to hang and/or wear upon arrival. Wearables have been hand washed and pressed before shipping.